Sunday, July 25, 2010

Toy Story Love


I love creating all my cakes, cookies and cupcakes...but there was something special about creating my latest cake...Woody in Toy Story! I was so excited when my friend Jill asked me about doing a Toy Story cake for her sweet little boy Evan who turned 3.

A few weeks ago, we all went to see Toy Story 3...which for me was a bit emotional...I knew I was in trouble when I was getting "watery eyes" (as H&H say & always point out) during the opening song, "You've got a friend in me"...it wasn't just the words in the song but it was more the flood of memories that come with this movie and the first 2 Toy Story's...you see, this movie was one of my mom's favorites so when I come across my mom's "faves"...all the amazing things I loved about my mom just rush in and take over. I can remember seeing Toy Story 1 with her in the theater and how after a movie, she loved to "dance her way out" of the movie (yes, she did the same in Annie and pretty much any movie)...my mom was always happy and a lover of life. She had nothing to complain about and everything to live for...what a legacy she left and if I can be just an inkling of her, I will be forever grateful. This one's for you mom...miss & love you more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment