Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Isn't she lovely?

Every time I hear that song...my mom comes to mind...she was definitely lovely in so many ways. I could call my mom anytime and she was always cheerful and had some nugget of truth to share with me...usually a Bible verse she had read that day. As my brother Eric said, "mom was always good for small talk"...I loved talking to my mom about something funny Hannah & Hank did or said...I could always count on her to laugh or cry with me...my mom was a lover of life and people and not a victim of boredom. What a legacy she left for me and many others...if I could be just an inkling of what she was...what a blessing that would be! Creating Colleen's Cakes & Cookies in her memory is a way for me to keep her legacy going and giving as she always so freely did...unconditionally...willing, able and ready to serve. Love & miss you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment