Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Celebrating Sophie's sweet 1st Communion

I felt so honored when my friend Kristy asked me to create a special cake in celebration of their sweet daughter Sophie's 1st Communion. I'm certainly not an expert on 1st Communion's but know they are very important and anytime our children can learn more about Christ and be closer to Him ... it is a good thing!


Both of my peepers, Hannah & Hank are just starting to ask questions about "the bread & the blood" (as they call it) and what it means to take that and what it means to be a Christian. Hannah was just asking me about being a Christian the other day and we talked about it and she was so sweet and said, "Mom, I think I'll wait a little bit." I love that she is really thinking about it and not just doing it just to do it. My sweet Hannah is very much a thinker and marches (or kicks to the soccer ball) to her own drum. My Hanker does the same thing for that matter!


I love that they are so curious and so wish I could share these things with my mom ... she would love knowing this and how her life and love for Christ played a part in their little lives. I'm so thankful that our peepers have my dad and his wife and Torie's parents to carry on that example and provide support where needed. I love that my parents and Torie's parents instilled such a good foundation of the importance of knowing Jesus and what that means.

So Happy 1st Communion Sweet Sophie! Your parents are laying a great foundation for you & your sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment