Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Someone's baby is double digits!

I know I've said it before but I LOVE my repeat customers because they are so sweet & kind to support my creative venue of cakes & cookies ... thank you Lisa!

So Lisa's "baby" turned the dreaded (not really) double digits! I think as moms we just don't want our baby girls to grow up. It's one thing to see them go from babies to young ladies but for me it's all the in between things that make me nervous. However, with all the "in-between" things, there's even more goodness with each day so for that I'm thankful!

Lisa's double-digit daughter had recently seen "Soul Surfer" (loved this movie) and wanted to go with a surfboard theme for her birthday complete with a bite out of the board.




What sweet dedication to an amazing young lady like Bethany Hamilton! I loved creating this cake while thinking about this movie and remembering that no matter what or how severe if your faith is grounded in Jesus Christ, He will help you move through. It may not be pleasant, fun or easy but He will always be there for you to lean on. I definitely need to be more like that ... it's okay to get mad and "fall down" but I have to remember .... it's not about how many times you fell down ... it's how many times you got up! Not only do I need to remind myself of this truth but for my peepers (Hannah & Hank) as well .... it's okay for me to watch them "fall down" but I need to be there to help them "get up" and learn from the falls.

Thank you Lisa & Meredith for reminding me to keep pressing on no matter what! Happy Happy Double-Digits to Meredith!

No comments:

Post a Comment