Monday, September 6, 2010

1st Birthday Love


One of the many things I love about creating cakes, cookies and cupcakes are the stories & celebrations behind the design. I love the emotion and passion people have about their children and how their celebrations have no bounds. Today I had the joy of creating one of two 1st birthday celebrations ... party #1 was a "smash" cake and celebration cupcakes for Ms. Ava Maria who is turning 1. Ava Maria is a miracle child as her mom and dad have been through many challenges to have their Ava Maria blessing along with their other 2 children. As I sat & listened to Ava's mom share about her journey, my heart went out to here and I found myself loving my own two blessings more .... if that's possible.

Trying to not get emotional, I took notes on how Ava's goodies were going to be decorated for party #1 ... right down to the last squiggle. Who knew I could feel so blessed through baking ... thank you mom for letting your legacy shine through.

No comments:

Post a Comment