Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thinking about mom...

Mom & I walking her last Ovarian Cancer Whisper Walk  Sept 2006
Although I haven't been super busy with cakes & cookies ... not a day goes by where I'm not thinking about my mom and wishing she was here. It'so hard to even type how much I miss her, let alone talk about it. It's been 3 1/2 years and seems harder to me for some reason. Maybe it's because of the peeps growing and changing so much and how I loved sharing all of it with my mom ... she loved to listen and of course, weigh in on all of their happenings.

Mom with Hannah & Hank & Cousin Devin
My mom would love that they love God & Jesus ... Hannah asked one day out of the blue, "mom, is everything better with God?" On one hand, I about feel apart, but then on the other hand, I felt like it was mom reminding me how good God is through my baby.  My mom loved celebrating their birthdays and of course, was always the first one to arrive and wondered where everyone else was.  My mom would love how they are learning @ church and school and all of their accomplishments. My mom would love to watch them sing @ church ... motions and all ... I always see so much of her in H&H when they're singing.  My mom would love that they both started school and would've been there for their 1st big days...maybe that's why there seems to be more emotion on those first school days because I'm thinking my mom will never get to see all this or their school programs ... part of her legacy living on. 
Mom & baby Hank - December 2004
My mom was amazing and sometimes I wish I would've told her more ... I don't think I really realized all her & my dad did for us growing up until I had a family of my own.  As I'm changing sheets for the 3rd night in a row and doing laundry (which you know is just what we do as parents), I'm thinking, wow, my mom did all these things for the 4 of us day in ... day out ... and I never heard a word of it. All I know is I always had clean sheets, clean clothes, a clean house and food on the table.  Vacations were always something that just magically  happened whether by car, airplane in a tent, hotel ... and now after my husband & I have planned and executed, for the most part pretty seamlessly (only getting lost a few times and ending up in a lousy hotel) vacations, I truly am thankful for all my dad & mom did for me.

What a selfless example of unconditional love my mom was and I love how her legacy is living on through her grandchildren. Thank you for the sweet reminders mom. Love & miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment