Monday, June 7, 2010

50 Fabulous Years of Marriage!


Now that my friends is something to be proud of...what a sweet blessing that is for some friends of ours (around the corner...yes, we live in an awesome neighborhood!), celebrating with parents for 50 years of marriage. Torie & I are headed toward 10 years this July...can't believe we're already @ 10 and can't imagine what 50 will be like...fabulous, I'm sure! Now, back to the celebration @ hand...I felt so honored to be creating such an important accomplishment with a cake! Melissa asked me if I could create the 50 year Anniversary cake and of course, I said yes! She was concerned she may be late in asking...but rest assured...there's always time for cake, and cookies and cupcakes...that's how we roll around here...much more fun to be sporatic & spur of the moment..well, most days! Back to cake creations...I looked around for some different ideas and sent them to M&M...they decided on the chic & classic...the BIG 5-0 with the honorees wedding picture on the cake to boot! I LOVED the idea and once I had the image scanned in, I knew that would complete the cake. This was such a special and fun cake to create because marriage is such a blessed & sacred union and here Mike's parents have made it to 50 years of wedded bliss...I can't wait for Torie & I to celebrate our 50 years one day...for now, we're working toward 10 Totally Terrific Years! Happy Golden Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment