Monday, June 7, 2010

Skateboardin' into Summer!


Can I just tell you how blessed I am everytime I create cakes, cookies or cupcakes? Well...if I haven't...I'm telling you now! Nothing better than delivering the goods and seeing the smiles on my friends faces...that my friends makes this so FUN! I got to experience this again last week when a friend of mine @ work asked me about making some cookies for her 11 year old son Max's birthday...of course, I said yes. And when she asked about doing skateboards...of course, I said yes. I always say yes and then later figure out how I'm going to create what I'm creating...because that's how I roll! I love a good challenge and making things creative...so, no skateboard cookie cutter...time to get creative! So, made the sugar cookie dough the night before, thinking that nite how am I going to create a skateboard? Next day, rolling the dough and looking through all my gadgets for something that resembles a skateboard...lo & behold, I used one of sweet spreaders (thank you Jodith & Pampered Chef!) to make the main part and then just cut out circles for wheels...and those candy necklaces came in very handy! Next up was the frosting and totally tublar designs! Talk about fun with color, frosting and toothpicks...who knew? To make a long story (because I could go on) short, I loved how the cookies turned out and when I delivered to the birthday boy...he guessed correctly they were skateboards (a couple of them could've doubled for the Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile) and I got that big smile I so love! Happy 11th Birthday Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment