Sunday, June 13, 2010

Howdy Pilgrim!


One of the many things I love about creating cakes & cookies are all the very fun, very festive & very creative ideas my friends come up with...love it! My latest request was around someone having a cute cowboy crush on John Wayne...yes, John Wayne! A friend of mine, Gina was surprising her sister (in law..I think) with some John Wayne cookies before their Trader Joe's run via St. Louis...now that is just plain sweet! So, when Gina asked me about creating some John Wayne cookies...of course, I said Yes without even thinking how I was going to go about coming up with John Wayne cookies...but that's the best part..figuring it all out! I found a few ideas and sent them to Gina and her sister in law loved the JW silhouette...it was pretty cool! Now for the creative part...making sugar dough..no problem...cutting out round circles...no problem...making buttercream frosting...no problem...creating a JW silhouette out of frosting...well, this is where the creativity & a steady hand comes in! To make a long story short (I do tend to be long winded at times...), they were so fun to bring to life...and even my sweet Hannah, stopped by and said, "mom, they look like cowboys!"...that was the icing on the cookie ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment